UNITED WAY OF ORLEANS COUNTY EQUITY AND ANTI-RACISM STATEMENT
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of what it means to live united; to be an equity-focused, diverse and inclusive organization is fundamental to achieving our mission and goals for equality in education, financial stability, and health & wellness.
- We recognize that structural racism, ethnic discrimination, and other forms of oppression have created inequities that have existed in the past and persist in the present.
- We acknowledge those inequities are the result of historic and ongoing policies and practices that work to marginalize entire populations.
- We support and advocate for anti-racism, stand against ethnic discrimination and all forms of systematic oppression in order to improve the well-being and vitality of our community.
- We will not discriminate against others on any legally recognized basis including but not limited to: veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, a victim of domestic violence or familial status.
- We work to dismantle inequities and engage community members, especially those whose voices have traditionally been marginalized, in the shared work of fortifying equity and empowerment.
- We engage public and private partners to co-create solutions that ensure everyone is heard and has the resources, support, opportunities, and networks they need to thrive.
United Way of Orleans County commits to leveraging all our assets including convening, strategic investments, awareness building, assessment, and advocacy to create a more equitable community while measuring our impact over time.